Burnt Sugar Banoffee Pie
OK — this one is truly indulgent and only to be eaten occasionally...unless you regularly run marathons, but by golly it’s good chaps! If you’ve never tried the delicious, caramelly South American invention of Dulce de Leche before...where have you been??
1 tin sweetened whole condensed milk or 1 jar of Dulce de Leche
3 large sliced bananas
500g packet digestive biscuits
400ml whipping cream
110g pack Burnt Sugar Crumbly Fudge with a hint of Sea Salt
To make the Dulce de Leche (if your not using ready-made)
1. Place the unopened tin in a pan and completely cover with water.
2. Bring to the boil and then simmer for two hours. Take care that the pan doesn’t boil dry by checking regularly topping up with fresh water if necessary.
3. After two hours, turn off heat and cool completely in water (do not remove can while still warm as it may explode!). While condensed milk is boiling you can get on with making the base.
1. Put biscuits in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin.
2. Melt butter gently in a pan.
3. Mix in the crushed biscuits until they start to stick together.
4. Pour biscuit mixture into a pie dish and flatten into the base. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
5.Once the boiled condensed milk has completely cooled, open carefully cover the biscuit base with the toffee.
6. Arrange the banana slices on top.
7. Whip the cream and spread over the toffee and bananas.
8. Finally, crumble the fudge over the top and your ready to feast!